- “Personal data” is information that, alone or in combination with other information, can be associated with a specific person or used to identify or contact an individual, and includes a variety of information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and contact preferences.
- We collect your personal data only as necessary to conduct business with you or as otherwise required by law. We limit such collection to the information we need to fulfill these purposes.
- We also may ask you for specific identification information data, but only in limited circumstances such as when setting up an account with CSD, when determining whether to extend commercial credit or in connection with a job application to CSD.
- In addition, we also may collect information relating to your use of our websites using various technologies, including cookies.
- We use the information you submit to provide you with products or services you request.
- We use information about you to provide offers and information regarding CSD products and services. We do not share, trade, or sell information about you with other marketers without providing you Policy or obtaining your consent. We may share your information with affiliates, as well as with vendors we've hired to assist in providing products and services.
- We limit communication to individuals who have demonstrated a reasonable interest in accessing our information. With this in mind, we only include the following in our email distribution lists:
- Existing customers who have not indicated an "opt-out" preference.
- Prospective customers who have actively sought out information or otherwise stated their interest in receiving information.
- Tradeshow visitors who have indicated that they would like to receive further promotional email communications from CSD; and
- Website visitors who have indicated that they would like to receive further promotional email communications from CSD.
Our Commitment to Privacy
At CSD, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Our commitment is to safeguard any personal information that you provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as you choose.
Scope of this Policy
Collecting Your Personal Information
- you register to become a member of CSD or another CSD service (such as the CSD Partner Site)
- you make online purchases
- you submit questions or comments to us
- you request information or materials
- you request warranty or post-warranty service and support for a CSD product
- you register products online
- you participate in online surveys
- you register to become a subscriber to a CSD Service
- you participate in online promotions, premiums, sweepstakes, contests, or other registrations
- you request information be sent to your colleagues or customers
The type of information collected may include name, address, phone number, Social Security or other tax identification number, business contact information, billing and delivery information, email address, credit card information, and other demographic information.
What are "cookies" and how does CSD use them?
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a website's request. CSD cookies do not contain any personal information and are used for following reasons:
- cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download.
- cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site which require membership.
- to remember your country and language preferences.
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns; to manage and present site information,
- to deliver information specific to your interests, and
- to manage site information and pictures displayed on your computer.
Do I have to have a cookie set to use this site?
Carestreamdental.com can be accessed with cookies disabled; however, your visit will be significantly enhanced if cookies are enabled. Some parts of the site will require cookies to be enabled.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Please click on the "Help" menu of your browser for information on setting cookie preferences.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources such as data brokers, credit reporting agencies, social networks, partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources.
We also may receive information about you from outside suppliers through your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across websites, devices, apps and other online features and services.
Using Your Information
CSD uses the personal information you provide to:
- register you in programs
- create and maintain accounts
- process, fulfill, and follow up on orders
- answer your email
- send information you request
- communicate with regard to your account or system status, send surveys, and register products
- send information to colleagues on your behalf
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
How and With Whom We Disclose Your Information
- With our suppliers: We share your information with suppliers that provide services on our behalf, such as marketing and survey services, payment processors, website and customer experience hosting, data analysis, data storage, customer service, auditing and accounting firms and security suppliers. We contract with suppliers to use or disclose information to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require our suppliers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of data they process on our behalf.
- With other CSD companies: We share your information with other CSD entities to provide our services and for internal administrative purposes.
- With app providers in the CSD marketplace: If you purchase a subscription to an app or content in the CSD marketplace, we share information regarding your subscription with the app provider.
- With our advertising partners: We share your information with our advertising partners.
- With social media platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Where required or permitted by law or in the context of an audit or other review: We share information with law enforcement agencies, courts, or other government authorities where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; to protect the rights, safety, and property of CSD, you or others; or to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other public and government authorities.
- In the context of a change of ownership or corporate organization: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Your Choices about Receiving Email
CSD may send you email about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. CSD and its affiliates may also send you email with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Under most circumstances, we will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional emails. This option applies to promotional emails only, as we may find it necessary to send you emails relating to your account, order, product, or pricing changes.
We provide you with the opportunity to update or delete certain Personal Information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct or update your Personal Information;
- change your preferences for certain communications;
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; or
- request access to your Personal Information.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take up to several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation. We will, however, continue to send transaction-based communications if you place an order, request a sample, request customer support, register a product, or make similar requests.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, promotions, and offerings to you.
CSD automatically receives and records data on our servers from visitor browsers including computer IP (Internet Protocol) addresses and other information using cookies. This analysis looks for trends among many visitors to Carestreamdental.com or other CSD sites and determines which parts of the site are accessed most frequently and what information visitors find most valuable.
We may also collect and record information about what you viewed on our website. We may use this type of information and combine it with your personal information to help customize our future interactions with you. In doing so, we hope to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests—to give you more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
Protecting Your Information
However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information at these sites, such as your name, member name, email address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited emails. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. CSD cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people's comments to be offensive, harmful, or inaccurate.
Some CSD web pages contain links to and from other websites. CSD is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. CSD encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those websites.
International Data Transfers
By using our Sites, or providing information to CSD on or through our Sites, you understand and consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of information in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this Policy. You hereby consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention by CSD of your personal data as described under this Policy, including but not limited to the transfer of your personal data between CSD’s third party business partners, affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy. For further certainty, any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable personal data to a jurisdiction which may provide a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
CSD relies on approved Standard Contractual Clauses for the international transfer of personal information collected in the European Economic Area and UK as a legal basis for transfers of Personal Data.
Despite that the fact that the Court of Justice of the European Union invalidated the Privacy Shield adequacy decision, CSD is still certified under this program and will abide by the principles of the EU-U.S and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EU or Switzerland to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/Opens in new window. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy certifications, contact our third-party dispute resolution provider.
Rights of Individuals Located Outside the United States
If you are located in certain countries outside the US, you have specific privacy rights under applicable law with respect to your personal information.
We will rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal information, depending on our purpose for such processing.
- Consent. We will obtain your consent before using or sharing your data for advertising that is targeted based on your browsing history, online behavior, or other personal information that we or others have collected about you. If you consent to our use of your personal information for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us
- Legitimate Interests. CSD has a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for certain business and security purposes such as product and service improvement; fraud detection and prevention; network and system security; and non-targeted marketing and advertising. CSD also has a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for compliance with applicable law
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We will process your personal information where necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable privacy and data protection law
If we intend to use your personal information that we have collected for a different purpose other than the purpose disclosed to you, we will provide you with information about the secondary purpose and with any other information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing prior to such use.
You may have the following rights with regard to the personal information we control about you, subject to applicable exceptions, under local data protection laws:
- The right to request confirmation of whether CSD processes personal information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal information
- The right to request that CSD correct or update your personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated
- The right to request that CSD delete your personal information in certain circumstances provided by law
- The right to request that CSD restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as while CSD considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that CSD make an update to your personal information)
- The right to request that CSD export your personal information in a usable electronic format to another company, where technically feasible
- The right to object to processing of your personal information based on CSD’s legitimate interests at any time, upon which CSD will no longer process the data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override the interests, rights, and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims, and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, where CSD is processing your personal information based on your consent
You have the right to make a complaint with your local data protection authority if you believe that the processing of your personal information infringes your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws. Contact details for EEA data protection authorities are available hereOpens in new window.
In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact CSD as described in the “How to Reach Us” section below.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada in the United States have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please email us at email@example.com
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from CSD regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for the other companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit a request through the available form hereOpens in new window.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” to mean “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Information Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected, Sold, and Disclosed.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and contact address when you create an account or contact us via the site. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide our services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a cookie, automatically when you use the Sites and Services in order to identify you, provide our Services, keep you logged in to our Sites, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers
- We, or a service provider working on our behalf, collect your payment information when you provide it in order to complete a transaction. This information includes your credit card number or bank account number. We use this information to facilitate payments and transactions
- We do not collect your Driver’s License number, passport number, or social security number
- We collect your IP address and Device ID automatically when you use our Sites and Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and provide you with targeted advertisements and offers based on your online activities
- Protected Classifications: We do not collect your age, gender, racial or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of transactions. We may use this information to measure the effectiveness of our services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: When you navigate to and use our site, we collect information such as your Internet domain, the domain of your Internet service provider, the date and time that you access the site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the site, and the pages you visit on our sites
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you visit our sites. We can determine your general location based on your IP address
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: We do not collect your audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect your business contact information when you contact us regarding our products and services or when you interact with us at trade shows. We otherwise do not collect your professional or employment-related information
- Education information: We do not collect any information about the institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes and add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, to measure the appeal and effectiveness of our services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
On certain occasions, we may sell information to third parties. An external party may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing the Personal Information is not an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes. To “sell” information means to disclose it to an external party for monetary or other benefit. We sell the following information:
- Personal Identifiers. We provide your IP address and device ID to our suppliers and online advertising partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. We provide information about your Internet or other electronic network activity information to our suppliers and online advertising partners.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics. We provide our observations about you to our suppliers and online advertising partners.
Access to Deidentified Information.
We license access to deidentified health information that is derived from Protected Health Information, as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. All such information is deidentified according to the safe-harbor or expert determination requirements of HIPAA.
Right to Access Information.
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we will verify your identity before we act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information.
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we will verify your identity before we act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Right to Information Regarding Participation in Data Sharing for Financial Incentives
We offer online resources whereby we incentivize you to share certain pieces of information with us. Participation is voluntary and you may opt out of the data sharing at any time.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties.
You have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” webpage hereOpens in new window. Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
How to Submit a Request.
In order to exercise your CCPA data protection rights, you may contact CSD as described in the “How to Reach Us” section.
Keeping Your Information Accurate.
If you are a registered user, you can review and update your profile using your user name and password. You can also contact your Customer Service representative. You may request that we delete or correct information we store about you and we will do so as appropriate and required.
This website is intended for use only by persons 18 years of age or older. By using the website you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. In addition, we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent.
How to make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)
You have the right to request personal data Carestream Dental LLC and its affiliates may hold about you. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (“DSAR”). A data subject is an individual who is the subject of the personal data. If you wish to make a DSAR, please complete this formOpens in new window.
Upon submission of this form Carestream Dental will
- Verify identity of the requestor: Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR) are passed to the Compliance Officer as soon as received and a record of the request is noted. The person in charge will use all reasonable measures to verify the identity of the individual making the access request, especially where the request is made using online services. We will utilize the request information to ensure that we can verify your identity and where we are unable to do so, we may contact you for further information, or ask you to provide evidence of your identity prior to actioning any request. This is to protect your information and rights.
- Information Gathering: If you have provided enough information in your DSAR to collate the personal information held about you, we will gather all forms (hard-copy, electronic, etc.) and ensure that the information required is provided in an acceptable format. If we do not have enough information to locate your records, we may contact you for further details. This will be done as soon as possible and within the timeframes set out below.
- Information Provision: Once we have collated all the personal information held about you, we will send this to you in a commonly used electronic form (or in writing if requested). The information will be in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible format, using clear and plain language.
DSARs are usually completed within thirty (30) days and are provided free of charge. We will provide the information in a commonly used electronic format, unless an alternative format is requested.
Whilst we provide the information requested without a fee, further copies requested by the individual may incur a charge to cover our administrative costs.
We will always aim to provide the requested information at the earliest convenience, but at a maximum, thirty (30) days from the date the request is received. However, where the retrieval or provision of information is particularly complex or is subject to a valid delay, the period may be extended by an additional sixty (60) days. If this is the case, we will write to you within thirty (30) days and keep you informed of the delay and provide the reasons.
The GDPR contains certain exemptionsOpens in new window from the provision of personal information. If one or more of these exemptions applies to your subject access request or where the Company does not act upon the request, we shall inform you at the earliest convenience, or at the latest, within one month of receipt of the request.
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using the CSD website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at:
Carestream Dental LLC
Attention: Lead Counsel Privacy
3625 Cumberland Blvd. Ste. 700
Atlanta, GA 30339
Carestream Dental will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this policy.