When do you anticipate the deal closing?
Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we have targeted a close date of Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
What types of products does the Intraoral Scanning Technology business sell?
The Intraoral Scanning Technology business is composed of the intraoral scanner equipment (CS 3600, CS 3700, CS 3800) and related software (CS ScanFlow, CS Model+, CS Quick Connect and CS IOS Fleet Portal).
Will Carestream Dental continue to sell any devices from the Intraoral Scanning Technology portfolio?
Carestream Dental will transfer products, services and accessories related to the sale to Envista at closing. We will continue to provide some products on a limited basis in some geographies as a transition service due to contractual or regulatory requirements.
Are you anticipating any disruption in services during this transition?
We continue to work closely with Envista to ensure the preparation and change in ownership creates minimal disruption to services. We will be communicating as often as possible to keep our customers informed of any upcoming changes. We will be limiting some services just prior to the transition date in order to provide a smooth transfer of inventory and services.
Are there key milestones or dates that customers should consider or keep in mind?
Yes. The following dates should be noted so that customers can plan accordingly.
Wednesday, April 13
Thursday, April 14
Tuesday, April 19
Any recurring fees associated with your account and the intraoral scanning business will continue to be invoiced through April 19
All Carestream Dental invoices should continue to be paid via your normal process
Refurb depots will remain operational until 12:00pm EDT (U.S)
Service and support will remain operational until close of business local time
Wednesday, April 20
Envista will provide distribution of intraoral scanning products to most customers around the world
Existing support and warranty obligations will be assigned to and assumed by Envista, and Envista will be your contact for any support or warranty requests going forward
A small subset of customers may receive distribution from Carestream Dental for several months after the close date. We will notify you by early April of these or other exceptions.
Who do I contact at Envista for intraoral scanning products including sales, support and service after the close date?
Carestream Dental is working closely with Envista to update customers on who to contact for more information. Additional details will be provided as they become available.
- I recently ordered an intraoral scanner from Carestream Dental, but I have not received my order. Will my order be fulfilled by Carestream Dental or Envista?
Carestream Dental will close outbound shipments and order fulfilment at the end of day local time on Thursday, April 14. If Carestream Dental orders containing scanner-related products, software or services have not been fulfilled by the transition date, they will transfer electronically to Envista. Envista will contact customers after April 19th regarding the disposition of any open orders.
- My intraoral scanner order was partially delivered, but some items are pending fulfillment and have not yet been delivered. What happens to the remaining items?
Carestream Dental will automatically transmit the open items from your order to Envista upon close. If Carestream Dental orders containing scanner-related products, software or services have not been fulfilled by the transition date, they will transfer electronically to Envista. Envista will contact customers after April 19th regarding the disposition of any open orders.
- My order placed with Carestream Dental included multiple products including intraoral scanners and other products from the CSD portfolio. What happens with the delivery for the items I purchased in my order?
Carestream Dental will automatically transfer all intraoral scanner related products and exclusive software and services to Envista for service and delivery after the close date. Remaining products, software or services on the same order, but not specific to intraoral scanners, will continue to be fulfilled by Carestream Dental.
- My intraoral scanner was delivered, but I have not received installation or training (applicable to direct market customers only). What can I anticipate?Carestream Dental will automatically transfer a list of recent orders with pending implementations to Envista at close. Upon close, please work with Envista for any implementation needs.
- My order was delivered but the intraoral scanner I received is not working properly. How can I obtain a replacement or file a claim?
We will replace defective orders based on availability of current inventory until Wednesday, April 13, 2022. After that date all inquiries, replacements or claims for intraoral scanners will be addressed and administered by Envista. Carestream Dental will also be transferring any warranty and entitlement services to Envista electronically to facilitate a smooth service transition. Existing support and warranty obligations will be assigned to and assumed by Envista.
- I have questions related to an invoice issued by Carestream Dental for an intraoral scanner delivered already. Who do I call to discuss my inquiry?
For invoices issued before Tuesday, April 19, 2022 please reach out to the Carestream Dental contact indicated on the invoice. After that date, please contact Envista with any inquiries.
Are there any other details available at this time?
We continue to work with Envista on specific details and will update our customers in the coming weeks as we learn and know more.
How will this impact CSI and CS Connect?
Carestream Dental will be provided a special license to Envista for use of IOS and will maintain interoperability for existing customers. We know this is important to your current workflows and processes and will continue to connect your entire imaging portfolio.
- What if I have other questions that have not been covered or shared in this FAQ?
Customers should contact their sales representative or Carestream Dental support with questions.